Theft While You Sleep
It’s 3 AM and you’re sleeping soundly in your bed without a care in the world. Except, while you’re sleeping, a thief somewhere out there has just opened a credit card account under your name and address or they gained access to all of your bank accounts and are stealing your life savings while you are sleeping.
So you wake up the next morning only to find that your credit rating has plummeted, your life savings are completely gone, and you have multiple account statements from credit card companies that you didn’t know about!
This isn’t fiction; this happens to millions of people every day!
So how do you protect your identity from being hacked, stolen, or compromised? What can YOU do without the assistance of an Identity Protection Service? Not a whole lot. Sure, you can try to monitor your monthly credit card statements, change all your passwords on a monthly basis, and so much more. But in the end, thieves will still be a constant danger.
Peace Of Mind
Wouldn’t it be great if you had that “peace of mind” that you hear so often on TV and radio commercials and newsprint ads? Wouldn’t it be great knowing that every 24 hours of every day your identity is locked down and protected? Identity theft has become one of the most lucrative and biggest scams thieves are utilizing today. This has caused so many people around the globe great anxiety, constant worry, and enormous expense and time. But it doesn’t have to be that way. It’s hard to put a price on the confidence that all of your financial transactions are secure from thieves. Also having assurance that you are protected every time you provide personal information, such as your driver’s license number, social security number, medical records, credit card information, and so on is priceless!
Stopping Identity Thieves Cold
Protecting your identity has never been more crucial then now. The internet has become a major mainstay for a multiplicity of transactions. The internet is not only for simple on line purchases, but now you can conduct business of almost any type on line. Getting a copy of your birth certificate, applying for a new social security card, applying for a passport, getting copies of your medical records, and so much more can now be done on line. There is a price though to be paid for this convenience. With all of the billions of on line transactions that occur every day, identity thieves are working overtime through these transactions to gain access to personal information to exploit for personal financial gain. But you can put these thieves on ice; you can stop them cold! Having a robust identity protection service will stop these thieves before they even get started.
What Is The Best Solution
What is the best solution depends upon your needs. With LifeLock there are two solutions for your peace of mind and uncompromising security. LifeLock Basic and LifeLock Ultimate. The chart below highlights the differences. The best solution again, depends upon what level of security you need to protect you and your family. But either way, which ever membership you decide upon, you will still have the satisfaction of knowing you have chosen the right solution to protect your identity. With all the features the Basic and Ultimate memberships offer, you will be far ahead any thief who would otherwise have full reign and access to your identity! Now that’s a great solution to a modern day problem, IDENTITY THEFT!
Protecting Your Identity – 101
The basics of protecting your identity are many. Here is a useful list that provides some simple steps you can do now:
- Don’t carry your Social Security card in your wallet.
- Don’t print your Social Security number and / or your driver’s license number on your checks.
- Abbreviate your first and middle name by using your initials instead on your checks.
- If you have an alternate address such as a P.O. Box or work address, put that address on your checks instead of your home address.
- When writing a check to a credit card account, just put the last four numbers in the memo field.
- Install a locking mailbox or a mail slot that goes directly into your house.
- Order your credit report every year.
- Carefully review credit card statements, phone, and utility bills.
- When shopping or eating out, always take your credit card receipts and never throw them away in public where someone may see you.
- Don’t give personal information over the phone
- If someone calls who says they are calling from your bank, credit card company, or the IRS, ask for a number to call them back.
- Don’t put any personal information on a social media website.
- Beware of email messages from friends in supposed distress, who need you to wire them money overseas. This is a regular scam.
Even by practicing all these tips, you can still fall prey to identity thieves. One sure way to guarantee that your identity is secure, LIFELOCK! By following good security measures such as those listed above and becoming a member of one of the most secure and iron clad identity protection services, you will never have to be concerned about your personal information and identity from being hacked or stolen. With LIFELOCK, you’re secure.
To start this great protection, just click on the link below for more information! LifeLock does more to help protect your identity!